Despite plenteous vociferous reads on eco friendly Ganesh Chaturthi, the 10 day long celebration has still witnessed insensitivity towards the environment. This time it is the underdog, Noida that has stepped up to make peace with the environment.
To facilitate immersion of Lord Ganesha idols, Noida authorities are setting artificial ponds in 10 sectors in Noida. These makeshift artificial ponds and pits are being set up in the green belts and unused commercial lands of the city.
Keeping in congruence with NGT Guidelines prohibiting idol immersion in the Yamuna and Hindon rivers, Noida authorities have pioneered this commendable move.
Here is where you head for a healthy, clean and happy Visarjan…. the 10 sectors chosen for Bappa’s departure…..
- Mahila park village Harola sector 6
- Vacant plot behind Spice Mall in sector 25
- Ramlila ground commercial plot A 261 in sector 46
- A block commercial plot sector 71
- Tikona Park behind Ajnara Homes sector 121
- Back side of Hyde Park society sector 78
- Green belt of sector 117 in front of sector 74
- Green belt on FNG road sector 119
- Commercial plot in sector 105
Keep your environment healthy…. and Bappa will shower prosperity!
Ganpati Bappa morya!