The 23rd National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 has been scheduled to be held from 12-16 January at Indira Pratishthan, Lucknow. The festival will be jointly inaugurated by Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath and Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju. The aim of NYF is to provide a platform to bring the youth of the country together. It aims to provide the Indian youth an opportunity to showcase their talents in various activities.
On the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, 23rd National Youth Festival 2020 started with a grand inauguration ceremony in Lucknow today. In his video message to the youth gathered here from different parts of country Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed youth of country to try only to purchase local products By 2020 which will help our countrymen.
Inaugurating the 5 day long event Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju said that central government is giving top level facility to the young talent of country and we will be in top ten position in the 2028 Olympic which will be organised in USA. He said that it takes at least 10 years to prepare a sports person for Olympics and we are working in this line. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath and various minister of state government were present on the occasion. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and the State Government of Uttar Pradesh are jointly organising the national youth festival. youths from all over the country have gathered and are showcasing their talent in different competitions.
The theme for this year was chosen in pursuance of the goal of the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi for a New India to be a fit India while the festival will have a blend of diverse socio-cultural milieu that will prove the belief and commitment of the Prime Minister in ‘EK Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ as since the inception of the festival in 1995, it has provided the youths from across the country a platform to showcase their skills and talents in various activities. Similarly, for this year’s festival from 13th to 16th January different competitive events along with non-competitive events such as adventure camp, youth convention, folk dance, Yuva Kriti, etc will be organized.
- The Government has been organizing National Youth Festival (NYF) since 1995.
- It provides a platform where youth will interact in formal and informal settings and exchange their social and cultural uniqueness.
- It is a mega National Integration Camp.
- The youth will be directed to inculcate physical activity and sports in their everyday lives to make new India a Fit India.
- The event will host different Competitive events like Folk Dance, Hindustani Vocal Solo, Carnatic Vocal Solo, Elocution, harmonium Light, Tabla, Mridangam, One Act Play, Veena, Flute, Dances Manipuri, Sitar, Guitar, Odissi, Kuchupuri, Bharatnatyam, Kathak and Non-Competitive Events like Young Artist Camp, Adventure Camp, Suvichar, Youth Convention, Yuva Kriti, Food festival.
NYF 2020 is expected to have around 6000 participants including volunteers from NYKS, NSS and local youth from each State of the country.
During the closing ceremony of the festival on January 16, Governor of Uttar Pradesh and Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju will be present. The government has been organising NYF since 1995 with an objective to provide a platform to the youth of the country and provide them with an opportunity to showcase their talents in various activities.