Yoga is not merely for our bodies, but rather Yoga is for our bodies, minds, hearts and souls. Yoga literally means “Union” – union of breath with the body, union of the mind with the muscles, and most importantly union of the self with the divine. And that is why International Yoga Festival is the coolest fest to hit Rishikesh, the land of Yogis! Around the corner, the festival is slated to grace the town from 1st till 7th March 2020.
In the 7-day immersion and celebration, you have the opportunity to embrace every major style of yoga and learn from enlightened Spiritual Leaders, Master Yoga Teachers, Evolutionary Thought Leaders, and Wellness Specialists from around the world. Awaken to the best version of yourself and ignite your inner light through this not-to-be-missed event at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, the largest ashram in Rishikesh and one of the largest interfaith yoga institutions in India. IYF hosts hundreds of yogis from around the world, all coming to grow in their practices and breathe the spiritual atmosphere of Rishikesh.
Yog In The Land Of Yogis
So if Yoga is your religion, then here is why the International Yoga Festival is where you should be…..
- International Yoga Festival is grounded in the authentic origin of Yoga. Practice and learn from masters from traditional yoga lineages of India, as well as masters of international yoga schools & styles.
- Get holistic energies in the presence, satsang and divine words of revered saints and spiritual masters from around the world on a variety of uplifting and inspiring subjects.
- Attend the Ganga Aarti that transcends the borders and boundaries of language and culture.
- The Yagna puja allows for devotional offerings to be made into a sacred fire. All on the banks of the Ganges and led by Pujya Swamiji, Sadhvi Abhaji (Mataji) & our Parmarth Rishikumars.
- Connect with like-minded, conscious yogis and paradigm-shifters from every part of the world to help you in personal transformation or search of transformation.
- Listen, watch, sing & dance along to ecstatic drumming, moving kirtan and beautiful cultural performances that take you through the night until 10pm.
70 Hours Of Pure Blissful Indulgence
During the one-week Festival, you will have the opportunity to participate in over 70 hours of Yoga classes from world-class Yoga teachers practicing multiple styles of Yoga including Kundalini Yoga, Power Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga and Kriya Yoga. The participants will also be blessed with the presence, satsang and divine words of revered saints and spiritual masters from within India.
The programme offers an extensive schedule of possibility, starting with Kundalini sadhana at 4 a.m. for the intensely committed and ending at 9:30 pm with traditional cultural song and dance, kirtan and enlightened entertainment on the banks of Ganga. You can customize each day as per your personal needs. We also have a Sacred Sound Stage for you to come, unwind and awaken through the power of sound.
The Abode- Parmarth Niketan
Parmarth Niketan is a true, spiritual haven, lying on the holy banks of Mother Ganga, in the lap of the lush Himalayas. It is also the largest ashram in Rishikesh. Parmarth Niketan Ashram literally means an “Abode Dedicated to the Welfare of All” and is a true spiritual haven, lying on the holy banks of Mother Ganga, in the lap of the lush green Himalayas.
Parmarth Niketan provides its thousands of pilgrims – who come from all corners of the Earth – with a clean, pure and sacred atmosphere as well as abundant, beautiful gardens. With several hundred rooms, the facilities are a perfect blend of modern amenities and traditional, spiritual simplicity.
IYF has taken place in Rishikesh since 1989, first organized by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, and then by the Government of Uttarakhand
since 2001. Parmarth Niketan has been hosting this event, since. In this time, the IYF has grown to international acclaim and continues to increase in attendance yearly.
Register for this fascinating festival at https://www.internationalyogafestival.org/register/