Winters are approaching and the temperature is dropping down, and you might end up finding ways to simply hibernate into your bed and give your workout a miss. However, it is not the right approach. Instead of succumbing to laziness, you should work towards keeping up the energy flow.
Why make your winters gloomy and unhealthy, when you can actually enjoy them by staying fit, energetic and healthy. If you really don’t want to be a couch potato and get out of bed easily during winter mornings then you have to take out time for work out. If not much at least 30 to 40 minutes in a day should suffice. Here is a list of things that you can try to make a part of your hectic schedule-
1. Warm-up Exercises: Gently nod your head up and down. Also, tilt your head from one side to another side. Rotate your shoulders around while keeping your legs and hips still and turning the waist. Bench forward and reach towards your toes.
2. Yoga: Take out at least 10 minutes from your routine to practice yoga postures and deep breathing. You will feel relaxed, calm and rejuvenated. It increases energy levels, strengthens immunity, reduces inflammation, and combats depression.
3. Water Bottle Weights: If you want to strengthen the muscles around your back, arms and shoulders try using water bottles (filled with water) as weights. To increase the effect, try putting some extra amount of water every time you do your work out.
4. Jumping Jacks: Jumping Jacks are a great cardio workout. They are done in a standing position while pointing your arms and legs outwards. While a watching TV show, you can also do a round of jumping jacks in between the commercials.
5. Lunges: You will feel the intense burn in your legs while doing the lunges. It is a good way to strengthen your core muscles. You can try them at home while moving from one room to another (with or without weights).
6. Exercise around the House: You can try doing standing push-ups while cooking your meals. Maintain some distance from the kitchen counter, and push your arms against it. It will help you tone your shoulders and arms without sacrificing on your household chores.
7. Climbing the Stairs: It is a worthy addition to your workout routine. You can try doing it at your home or in the office. Stair stepping helps you burn the entire body fat and not only around the legs.
8. Pre-workout meal: Bananas make a great pre-workout food. If it is a heavy work-out, try eating a healthy snack which is a mixture of carbs and protein like oats, porridge, eggs, chicken etc. Have your meal 1 to 3 hours before you exercise.
9. Post-workout Drink: Try a fruit and yogurt smoothie as it will give you instant energy post a work-out session. You can have boiled eggs, pulses, cottage cheese, and fresh juice without sugar. Consume protein filed and non-carb meal after a work-out session.
10. House Cleaning: Cleaning your room or house or bathroom is a great workout option for those who cannot hit the gym. Sometimes, people end up burning fat by doing mopping and cleaning as compared to running on a treadmill.
The above-mentioned exercises and tips will certainly strengthen your core muscles, boost your immunity, and offer flexibility. It would also ward off any risk of catching a cold, cough and flu.
If you follow a workout routine, your mood will also stay uplifted and you will feel more enthusiastic and active throughout the day. The sense of wellbeing that you get by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising is worth the efforts.
Furthermore, it’s imperative to get regular health checkups done to avoid any emergency medical situation. As you know, health issues are unpredictable and in later stages, the disease might come as a shock to you. Apart from the emotional and physical stress, it will create a lot of financial stress as well. A regular health checkup is a right approach to understand your body and the unnoticeable changes your body might have been going through.
Those who find it difficult to get regular health checkups done, you can try securing your life with an adequate health cover. You can compare health insurance plans online and get one for yourself and your family. There are women, family, and senior citizen mediclaim plans available online. This way you can secure yourself and your family’s health without making a hole in your pocket.
Over to you!
During winters, the vulnerability towards health ailments related to lungs, heart, and bones tend to increase, especially for elderly people and children per se. And the cost of medical treatment is skyrocketing like never before. Therefore, it is important that you maintain a healthy lifestyle along with health insurance to cover the risks in the event of any medical emergency.