Ramlila is an age old tradition in our country. In simpler times everyone would gather at a pre-decided venue, where the locals themselves would put on a show, portraying the victory of Lord Rama over Raavana. It was a way for the people to meet and bond, for kids to learn about our history and culture and it was a great source of entertainment as well! Luckily, we in Gurgaon still hold the same belief. Ramlila is going to be performed at various locations with full pomp and show! So, here is a chance to live the olden days again and have some fun! Here are the top venues where you can go and experience the Dussehra!
Sadar Bazar : Experience the spirit of Ram Lila at Sadar Bazar at Hanuman Mandir (Ramlila Ground), 124/3, Sadar Bazar Rd, Roshan Pura.
Geeta Bhawan : Here is one full fledged Ramlila for you. The Ramlila committee here has been preparing for this Ramlila for quite a time, and according to their director it is going to a huge affair.
Jacobpura Ramlila : This one is also favourite among the residents of Old Gurgaon. The Ramlila over here has been happening from more than past 30 year. Here, Ram and Lakshman will incorporate messages about the virtues of cleanliness and saying no to littering, while Hanuman gives a message on deforestation on the stage.
Arjun Nagar / Camp Ramleela : This one happens at the Arya Samaj Park which is right in front of Arya Samaj Mandir in Gurgaon. The Remlila done over here has a lot of instances for introducing some some fun element to appeal to the new generation that comes to see the same.
Jharsa District : If you believe in the old traditions and cultures, this is a hidden gem for you. The Jharsa District has been organizing the Ramlila for the last 135 years. It is probably the oldest Ramlila in the district. It is still portrayed there every year, in the old style as we have seen as kids. It is performed at Shri Krishan Mandir Jharsa and other was at Ram Leela Ground Chotta school.
You can also visit the following localities, for the Ramlila experience!
- Sector 6 : 359, Bhim Nagar Rd, Bhim Nagar, Sector 6
- Ramlila Ground, Bhim Ngar
- Subhash Nagar
- Sector 10 : Near Civil Hospital, Sector 10
- Madan Puri
- Shiv Puri : 25, Shivpuri, Sector 7
- Sector 12 : Dev Nagar, Subhash Nagar, Sector 12
- DLF Phase II, Gulmohar Marg : If you are one big fan, and want to experience the entire procession the old way, this is the place for you! This is the only place in Gurgaon where Ramlila is organized for all the nine days of Navaratra The Ramlila is being performed here for the last 5 years.
- DLF Phase V : If you are not much of a traditional person, we have something for you in store as well. This is a modern version of the Ramayan, for the modern crowd of Gurgaon. DLF Phase 5 will celebrate Dussehra in style with their “Laser Ramlila” for Gurgaon. While everywhere else crackers and fireworks will be used to burn Raavan’s effigy, DLF Phase V uses lasers for DLF’s spokesperson
- Sector 44 Gurgaon: Shri Ram Leela Samiti Maidan, Kanhai Gaon Market, Kanhai, Sector 44