Just like many other cities in India, even Gurgaon has its Passport Seva Kendra better known as PSK. It was launched by Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to facilitate and simplify the process of issue of Indian passport.
In Gurgaon, a much better infrastructure and facilities are promised than the days when everyone used to run from pillar to post for Reissue of passport after expiry of 10 years validity or stood in scorching sun at RPO Bhikaji Cama Place in Delhi for issue of passport for a minor daughter.
Now comes the process. One doesn’t need a tout as it’s a simple and very effective process. Anyway, just the applicant is allowed inside while processing the documents (except if the applicant is a minor or a senior citizen).
Procedure to Apply for Passport
Step 1: Register yourself on the passport site or on this link.
Step 2: Fill the application online – See this video for help
Keep a print out of the submitted application form.
Step 3: Scan all documents needed and upload them along at the time of submission of the application. Or, carry them with you when you go to the PSK.
After completion of the Application form, an Application Reference Number (ARN) is generated that is valid for 90 days. After this, one has to take an appointment at the desired Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) as per the convenience of the applicant.
Appointment slots are locked till 1800 Hrs. appointment slots open sharp at 1800 Hrs and will remain open till all the slots are booked (Maximum 300 appointments a day).
Here is the list of documents
• Proof of Residence for a year. In case you are not staying in the current residence for a year then get the other residence details as well (even if it’s another city).
• Date of Birth
• The requirement of documents will be added as per what passport you are applying for
• Any affidavit needed can be procured at Mini Secretariat, near Rajiv Chowk.
• Carry all original as well as photocopy. There is a photocopy assistant within the PSK, as well as few outside as well.
Step 4: Take an online appointment. You will have to pay for the applicable fees for the passport before booking your appointment. Various options of payments are there:
• Internet banking / debit or credit card is there.
• Post successful payment – take the appointment time and this you will receive an ARN. Take a print out of the same.
• For those who don’t want to pay online, you can take the option of Bank Challan. Through that option, one can take a print out to the SBI branch. They will upload the details about your payment and will get intimated via email about the same. It takes 2-3 days from the payment day to upload in the system and then, one can apply for an appointment.
Reach the office at least 30 minutes earlier to the appointment time. They are very strict and will not allow you to enter before or after the appointment schedule.
Now that you are inside – There are 5 counters to go through.
• Enquiry counter: The officers will go through all the documents and passport application. On the basis of the verification, a token number will be issued.
• You will then be directed through counters A, B & C. These counters act as various screening for details / photos / document verifications. Counter ‘C’ actually grants the passport.
• There are large TV screens that tell you which counter to approach and when. There is a wait time between the counters so be patient – carry a book or a smart phone to keep yourself occupied.
• Exit Counter: A small room near the exit takes the file and gives you an acknowledgement letter. Keep that safe.
After that, keep tracking your passport as per the numbers given in the acknowledgement letter.
Once the Passport Application is applied in PSK, it will reach to the DCP Headquarters Passport Branch on the same day and will be dispatched to the respective Police Stations on the very next day.
You might be called to the nearest police station for verification or they come home. You will be intimated accordingly. After successful verification passport is sent to your home via Indian Postal Service.
NOTE:- Appointment for Senior Citizens is not required. They can walk-in directly after ARN No. is allotted to them.
Districts covered under PSK Gurgaon : Dwarka, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Rewari, Mahendergarh, Mewat Nuh, Palwal, Chatterpur and Mahipalpur.
Where: MM Towers, Plot No. 8 & 9, Phase IV, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Phone: Customer Care Toll Free Number 1800 258 1800
For any further queries, contact: Passport Verification Branch DCP Headquarter Office:
Where: Room No 312, 3rd Floor, Mini Secretariat, Near Rajeev Chowk, Gurgaon.
Phone: 0124 2869306
Days & Time: Mon to Fri, 9:15am to 5:45pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.passportindia.gov.in/
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gurgaon-Passport-Seva-Kendra/295851750446783