The FIRST EVER BABYWEARING FLASHMOB IN DELHI NCR happened in our very own happening Galleria Market, Gurgaon on a sunny 24th December noon. A very special event and an incredibly empowering concept, dedicated to moms especially young moms, encouraging them to celebrate motherhood whilst also celebrating their own being was the core essence of the event. The Flashmob was conceptualised by ProEves along with Groovaroo Dance ™ India and Little Hugs Sling library.
“In a country where young moms are still expected to remain at home, and there are taboos associated with stepping out of the house with a small child and the mother’s intent of pursuing her passion or work remain a distant dream – the objective of the event was to simply encourage the moms to Celebrate Motherhood. Celebrate Joy & Celebrate Themselves”, shared KetikaKapoor, Co-Founder ProEves and mother of a toddler herself.
The Flashmob saw a mix of experienced and new babywearing moms, some from as far as Greater Noida, dance with gay abandon. All very confident and enthusiastic, it was a delightful sight watching the moms motivate each other while the crowd watched and cheered. The organizers say, they were overwhelmed with the response they got for the flashmob’s participation. The event witnessed husbands, moms and mom-in-laws cheering all super moms. ProEves will keep doing such initiatives in the future to encourage more moms to chase their passion and dreams.
- A recent Gender Diversity survey conducted by ProEves, a Delhi based childcare & maternity solutions company, reveals that overall woman participation in India Inc. is stuck at less than 20%. The survey submits a similar percentage as other independent studies conducted in previous years. At the Entry/ Junior & Middle level of management there is 20-22% participation, but that is sharply reduced to 12-13% at Senior & Top levels which clearly highlights a “leaking pipeline” from Middle to Senior level management.
- This leaking pipeline is primarily associated with the stage of Motherhood, to arrest this “leaking pipeline”, women employees are needed who might have exited the workforce due to childcare to think about a second innings.
- This is the reason ProEves joined hands with Little hugs sling library and Groovaroo Dance ™ India to get mothers together to create the milestone of “first ever Babywearing dance in Delhi-NCR”. Both Little Hugs sling library and Groovaroo Dance ™ believes in giving new strength, independence and joy to mothers to be happy in their skin.
- Babywearing is an age old concept which is rising again in the metros of India on account of the freedom it allows mothers. Babywearing gives mothers the freedom to do their own task and gives the babies the warmth and comfort of being near the mom says ShefaliTiwari, Co-Founder Little Hugs Sling Library. A lot of mompreneurs depend on Babywearing to get through the day, further adds ManishaMehani, Co-Founder Little Hugs sling library
- Charul Jain of Groovaroo Dance ™ India mentioned that they combine easy dances with an emphasis on creating a safe, sacred and soulful dance experience for the baby. It’s all about spreading love, fun, joy and boosting CONFIDENCE of mothers. Charul is the first certified Groovaroo dance expert in India and is on a mission to reach out to more moms all over India.
About Groovaroo Dance ™, Little Hugs Sling library and ProEves
Groovaroo Dance ™ USA: Started by Meeshi and Amber Anjali, Groovaroo Dance aims to build communities of families around the world where dance is an integral part of everyday life.
Little Hugs Sling Library: is a baby carrier rental company in Delhi –NCR run by Shefali Tiwari and Manisha Mehani who are certified babywearing educators. They do regular babywearing meets.
ProEves: is a childcare and parental support organization that works with individuals and companies to provide verified childcare support and drive a gender balanced ecosystem.