Summers have made their finale with special appearances from pre-monsoon showers now and then. The entire town is rejoicing the coming of the monsoons which means relief from the scorching heat of the meciless sun. With the mosoons, comes the new session for colleges all over the capital. And with college comes the trauma of every single college going girl – frizzy hair.
Today’s segment is all about dealing with .
Step1: Your hair is your crowning jewellery – know them
Staright, curly wavy or just plain –know your hair type. First thing to look prim and proper is embrace them the way they are. Heat without proper care is the perfect recipe of a disaster of course unsless you idolize Medusa!
Step2: Beating the inevitable heat
Now, once you know your hair type I can assure you that 80% women out there no amount of motivational talk will make you spare the heat. So, being the amazing guide that I am i give you the ways to minimize the damage
Hair mask: are multipurpose elixir of life. No, I am not exaagerating. Hair masks not only protect your hair from the damaging effect of heat but also from the damage already caused. Not only, your hair is shinier and more stronger than the girl in Garnier shampoo add!
Depending on the type, you can experiment with diffrerent kind of hair masks-
For dry hair
Banana and honey mask: This mask is perfect for those of you with thinner hair – bananas contain potassium, which strengthens and fixes damaged hair without weighing it down.
1 banana (a more riper one)
1 tbsp honey
- Blend banana in a blender, making sure all chunks are smoothed out
- Apply mixture to your hair and wrap it ina shower cap to prevent any juice to trickle down and spoil your hair.
- Rinse out in showere and apply shampoo and conditioner as usual.
For oily hair
Egg whites and lemon juice mask: For oily hair, the choices are limited. Too much dryness can cause trouble too. The balance and the mask has to be precise.
1 egg (the white only)
Pinch of salt
- Beat one egg white until it forms stiff peaks then add 1 teaspoon of salt and juice of full lemon.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply on the scalp and let it set for 30 mins.
- Rinse it well with only lukewarm water just to make sure the egg doesn’t cook in your hair and sends your partner a mile away.
- After rinsing, wash with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
For normal hair
Egg and olive oil mask: Those who are blessed by Aphrodite with amazing hair still needs pampering once in a while.
4 tsps of Olive Oil
2 tsps of cocunut oil (optional)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl to mix the whites with the yolks.
- Heat the oilive oil and cocunut oil for 30 secs and mix it with the beaten egg.
- Apply the mixture on hair and let it rest for 1 hr.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and wash it out with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
Beer it up – When everything fails, alcohol is the answer!
Now now, don’t go on a weekend bender spirit. I am talking about the beer. Remember the muscle-man with a huge moustache chanting “man hair” almost too many times?
Well, he is right. Beer does magic for your hair. Wash your hair with flat or left over beer once a week and see the results for yourself in just one month.
Oil your hair
Oiling helps only till a point. Avoid oiling if you already have an oily scalp.
For the rest, oil your hair once in a while. Make it a weekly thing.
Step3: Middle Eastern ways to protect hair for showtime.
While I personally don’t believe in this one as I am more of a ‘let your hair down’ kind of a lady but I myself have become a victim to the grass in the hair situation on my special dates. Being a student, you don’t always have the luxury of a vehicle. In that case, always wear a scarf over your head to protect your hair from the sticky humidity in the atmosphere.
Monsoons are the perfect season to cosy up to your partner and enjoy your time together. Don’t let hair trouble damper your love or even college days. These are some of the tricks one can adhere to for a healthy shiny attractive hair.
Until then, your GFP
By: Aparajita Sinha