Just when we thought we have written about just about everything that Delhi has to offer, we realised there are exemplary decades old gems that are rife in all their glory, but needed to be given their due. One such place is the highest revolving restaurants in India… “Parikrama – The Revolving Restaurant” is India’s highest and Delhi’s solitary revolving restaurant at a pinnacle of 240 feet!
A legendary place to dine, Parikrama revels in its exclusivity. It is the only revolving restaurant in the city that offers its diners a fabulous 360 degrees view of Lutyen’s Delhi, with their meal.
This awestriking place has been on the itinerary of every tourist in Delhi, owing to its stunning French windows that bring an unsurpassable view of every iconic place that Delhi revels in- Parikrama covers an overview of The Central Park in CP, the striking Jama Masjid, the divine Birla Temple, the Red Fort, Delhi Gate, the sacred Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, Pragati maidan and Rashtrapati Bhavan! A Dilli darshan in one go!
Facts about Parikrama that will stun you….
- One revolution of Parikrama takes 90 minutes to complete.
- The restaurant has a private lift, which makes it seamless to get there.
- Waiting time to grab a seat here usually takes 30-40 minutes.
- The food is priced slightly on the higher side… (but it’s worth it!).
- The menu dabbles in North-Indian, Chinese, Thai and Mughlai food.
- The restaurants is spread over 2 floors, with an open area, lounge area and a bar area!
- You can also enjoy liquors like Beer, Whisky and Wine and different types of cocktails.
- Facility for the romantic candle light dinner is also available on 25th floor, rooftop bar and lounge.
- The restaurant is over 2 decades old… and hence, rightfully deserves the ‘legendary’ status.
Parikrama has been an iconic restaurant in the heart of the capital city, that opened its doors with much fanfare, and now, the whiff of the past still lingers as you enter this sterling diner. We say, go for the experience, the view…. and the past!