DEFEXPO 2020 is a mega defence exhibition, which provides a global platform for large congregation of Indian and Foreign defence companies to show case their defence related products. DEFEXPO INDIA 2020, India’s 11th Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition is scheduled to be held at the Vrindavan Yojna, Sector 15, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 5th – 8th February 2020 in Lucknow and will cover the complete spectrum of the country’s aerospace, defence and security interests.
With the aim to showcase India’s potential as a global defence manufacturing hub, the biennial DefExpo kickstarts in Lucknow today. The 11th edition of DefExpo promises to bring new leading technologies in the defence sector under one roof and provide a myriad of opportunities for government, private manufactures, startups and the entire space.
The main theme of the Expo is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and the focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will formally inaugurate the event, which will be followed by a live demonstration of naval systems, aero systems and land systems.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said delegates from 70 countries and 172 foreign military manufacturers will attend the five-day mega exhibition.
Here is what this one of a kind Expo will entail….
- Reflecting the government’s focus on ‘Make in India’, DefExpo 2020 would offer an excellent opportunity for the Indian defence industry to showcase its capabilities and promote its export potential.
- It will be for the first time that the 19-seater aircraft will be used by a state government for civilian purposes- two Dornier aircraft of aerospace major Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd will be used by the state government for civil purposes on two routes.
- The number of participating foreign companies has also increased to 172 from the previous figure of 160.
- The fifth India-Russia Military Industry Conference will also be held on the sidelines of DefExpo with over 100 Russian and over 200 Indian industry leaders expected to participate.
For the first time during the DefExpo, an Indo-African conclave will be held to strengthen relations with African countries that could potentially export hubs for Indian defence manufacturers.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the eve of the Defence Expo said more than 30 African countries will participate.
- A substantial number of Memoranda of Undertaking (MoUs) are expected to be inked during the Expo, resulting in forging of new business collaborations.
- The event will be visited by senior Government Officials, decision makers of the Ministry of Defence, officers of the Indian Armed Forces, foreign military delegations, diplomats, and eminent scientists of Defence Industry etc.
One or more 5-star Restaurants with a bar, buffet and Ala-carte service at the Exhibition site. b. Food Court serving different types of fast food in medium range category at the Exhibition site. c. Food court and moderately priced restaurants serving standard Indian food at the Exhibition site.
Toilets will be extended all across the venue.
Business Visitor Business days (5th-7th Feb 2020) – INR 2,500/- for Indian visitors and INR 5,000/- for Foreign visitors.
Public Visitor days ( 8th Feb 2020 & 9th Feb 2020 Forenoon) – Free entry
5 th Feb 2020
- Inauguration – Live demonstration Visit of Hon’ble Raksha Mantri inside the venue
- Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Press Conference
5 th Feb 2020– 8 th Feb 2020
- Opening of Show/Seminar/Conference/Product Launch
- 1100 hrs to 1300 hrs 1500 hrs to 1630 hrs Live demonstration/ Flying Display at the main Venue.
- 1600 hrs to 1730 hrs Live demonstration/ Display at Gomti River Front 4. 1700 hrs Show closes for the day at the main Venue
9 th Feb 2020 (For General Visitors)
- 0900 hrs Opening of Show (India Pavilion & UP Pavilion)
- 1130 hrs to 1230 hrs Live demonstration/ Flying Display
- 1300 hrs Show closes for the day