When was the last time you thought ‘insurance’? Staying in a country like India, bearing costs is a daunting task, adding to the taxes that flow out from our pockets. As the medical treatments are getting costlier with each passing year, having a health insurance has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
With the growing dependence on the internet, insurance companies have identified it as a potential market and all leading insurers offer the facility to perform online transactions safely, making every single product from them available at the click of a button!
Today, the entire gamut of insurance products, be it medical, motor, travel and life covers, all are available for you on the net. But as buyers, it is customary to contemplate the safety and credibility of handing out a lump sum over the internet, monthly or quarterly.
As the number of companies combat in the private health insurance sector , there is a considerable possibility of counterfeiting. Completely depending upon insurance agents for information might not be a good idea as they are prone to human errors, and with your money and health is at stake, it is better to be safe than sorry. Due to the absence of agents and related problems purchasing online health insurance is found to have better claim settlement ratio and this is certainly one of the most important reasons that have encouraged more people to buy health insurance online.
The trusted insurers provide the online transaction through secure methods. These companies rely on secured connections and encryptions to shield their customers from any form of cyber frauds. In fact, some insurance companies, as Max Bupa, are now offering, which are not available at their branches or with their agents. These sites make it easier for you to know your options and make an informed decision when purchasing a cover.
Max Bupa offers coverage for up to 19 relationships. Sounds unbelievable, right? But true! Also important are timely renewals for enjoying life long health coverage. As an added benefit, Max Bupa offers a top-up option to your existing coverage… easy breezily available online. The policies can be renewed online, along with Max Bupa Health Insurance quotes. You now do not have to spend a lot of time in the queue; you can simply opt for Max Bupa Health Insurance online renewal.
To protect yourself from fraudulent activities, it is mandatory to follow some instructions.
- The very basic requirement is to purchase the health insurance only from the trusted names and avoid dubious websites that may offer extremely cheap plans.
- Use the services of portals that allow you to compare all the features of the different health plans from various insurers.
- A lot of policies come with co-payment clauses under which you have to pay a part of the expenses during the treatment. Check this clause thoroughly to avoid issues later. Sometimes, the term ‘co-insurance’ is also used for it.
- You must also go through the sublimit clause of the policy, which is related to the maximum limit of hospital room rent and limit on the treatment of specific ailments.
- You can cross verify the information of the insurance company from the insurer’s website in case of any doubt.
- Calling a customer support representative of the company is also a good practice to clarify all your doubts.
- Before making any payment, check for SSL security certificate of the website.
- Keeping a screenshot of the transaction page is another essential way to avoid any issue in the future.